Monday, September 13, 2010

September 13, 2010

Dear Family,
How is everybody doing? So this week is the big week Eh? Grandma is getting married!!!! Man oh Man! Tell her congrats for me and that im happy for her! So how is everybody? How are the little one's? Well Just to let y'all know im doing great. I Love being a missionary. I love wearing the Savior's name on my chest. I love Carrying the Book of Mormon in my hand and standing to testify on doorsteps in the rain, on couches in people's living rooms, in the produce section of Wal-mart about the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon. This book is true. It was written by prophet's of God here in the American continent. God called Joseph Smith to be a Prophet to translate it. I love Thhe feeling i get when i tell someone that God love's them, and that they are his children. I love teaching people how they can be together forever if they will do as the Lord wants us. I love Biking in the Rain and getting doors slammed in our face all day, Just cause i know Someone will open up and let us in. If not then atleast i did my job and testified to them that these things are true. Im not perfect and sometimes i get nervous to commit people to be baptized but, deep inside i know that our brothers and sisters need it so very much. I do all i can to fulfill my purpose in bringing souls to Christ, and i know that even though im weak and not perfect the Lord will make up the rest. I love wearing a white shirt and tie each day and getting funny looks from everyone and people yelling stuff at us. Like.... Here is the Real Bible! Or come worship the Real Jesus! (Usually Hispanics dont yell stuff at us.... Just americans... haha) But i know that all this is for the Lord's good. Can you imagine him Suffering drops of blood from every pore for us? Him being so humble, meek and trying to always serve and teach his children what to do to be with him again. I love him so very much, I have truely come to know him so much better, I know that he knows us so well. I love this work so much. I remember in my setting apart President Greer said serving a mission is a sacred act, i have come to truely realize that. It truely is. Thank you all for your great examples. Sacrifice is what the Lord expects of us, becuase if we truely want to be with him again we will need to do some of it, Thank you all for the sacrifice's you have made for me, money time anything. Mom and Dad i love you so much. You are so loving and christlike, thank you for your example. Elder Sybrowsky came this week and the Most important thing i got was that we must do all we can to baptize, Baptism is the first covenant we make! Help people make this covenant. These people i teach i truely love them so much! Keep working hard, keep strengthening your testimony of the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ. Read the Book of Mormon and take Moroni's challenge and ask if it is true! I know it works. The savior lives. God bless you, and have a blessed day! ( It's a saying here in the South.. haha)
Grandma i love you! All my brothers and sisters i love you too!
Love,
Elder Riding

No comments: