Monday, July 12, 2010

July 12, 2010

This Next Week...
Hey guys,
Hows it going? Man Ash drove to California? Man she really is growing up! haha I dont think i wouldve made it. Each time i get in a car lately i get super sleepy, just cause im used to being on a bike and moving around. And it wears me out too. So when i finally get to sit... i get tired haha. But Yep Victor's family should be gettin baptized this coming week. The only thing is that we are having this like 4 day leadership training meeting in Columbia from Tuesday to friday. So it would be hard to progress them along this week. But my companion is staying here in the area with some other spanish elders. So tonight we are going to teach them about baptism and so basically it will be the deciding factor! Whether they get baptized this week on the 17th or nxt week on Clints birthday! But Victor has not got the priesthood yet so he will probably not be baptizing them, who knows though alot could happen in this week. haah But the son and the daughter want to, they just are a bit scared cause they dont want to get baptized and then sin and mess up. But that is where the great atonement of our savior comes into play. The mother or Victor's wife is really starting to enjoy church as well. So tonight our lesson with them will be the deciding factor for if we do it this week or the next week. We had a really spiritual lesson with themon Saturday with a member. And they had the Doubt of "Well how do you guys know? You guys grew up in the church. You dont know any different. Growing up outside of the church and seeing the things in the world its hard to let go" So i told them about Ron Gonsalves. About his story when he got baptized and how he is now a missionary! The gospel changes lives. I really love these people. No matter what im going to do my very best, and most importantly follow the spirit when i teach. It has been real hot here. haha But i do try my best to Drink lots of water. People are nice and usaully offer us water as well. Biking is getting even more fun. Im pretty much wet all day long. But its alright. haha I just SWEAT. ALL day haha. Im excited for this week we have this meeting with President for 4 days, im curious to see what will be going on.... haha Also we are starting to put more focus on working with the members. Its what the first presidency is wanting our mission to test out this like new program, we go visit members and Practice and teach them basically how to contact there friends or anwser questions there friends might ask them. Its to help them get more involved. Its going to be great! Well I love you guys to death. Man Mom your not supposed to think about me being home. haha I got lots of time still. Im excited for Tate and Adam though. Man i wouldve been heading home soon. But lucky me i get to stay out even longer! I bet Tate and Adam are jealous. jaja I know that these things are true and that this mission is helping me prepare for the rest of my life. To help me to realize what is truly important. Family faith and loving others is what is important to me. I know our Savior lives and died for us. His atonement is real. He can heal us. Think of that he came to heal the sick and cure the broken heart. The Book of Mormon has power as well. I finished it this alst week in 55 days. I could ve done it quicker but i dont get to read all day. haha Well i love you guys so much. Keep up th great work and ill have you in my prayers. I love you so much Grandma. All you guys i love you so much.
love,
Elder Riding

No comments: