Monday, October 11, 2010

October 11, 2010

I'm feeling great!

Dear Family,
How is everybody doing? So it is getting a bit cooler there? Man better get out those winter coats. haha Well how is life in AZ? Pretty Busy? That is good. Im feeling much better this week. I think just after 9 months almost on a bike everyday was taking its toll. haha I figured it out, that i bike about 15 or so miles give or take a day. After my time here i will have biked more than 4000 miles. haha Thats quite a few eh? Well Things are going good here in The Branch in Greenville, i really hope i get to stay here for 10 months and finish my mission here. I love these people so much, i have grown to love the leaders so much, like the Branch President President Roman he is from Chile, and the elder's quorum president Bro. Payan from Mexico, he is a return missionary. They are all so great. I got to bless the Sacrament in Spanish again yesterday. I love it. Spanish is such agreat language. I wanna continue to study it alot after my mission. The people we are teaching are doing well. The couple that we have been teaching that need to get married came to church again yesterday and they really enjoyed it. It is just hard cause they have not worked in months so they are really struggling, so on Sunday we did a special fast with them so they could fnd work. This week is the Hispanic Cultural event that the Branch is putting on, it is going to be a great chance to bring people to that they can meet people of the branch and really fellowship. My companion and I are going to start teaching english classes here to the Hispanics for free at the church, it should be a very good finding opportunity to find people to teach. The church has a program that they use to teach english as well, it will be fun, maybe we can find some baptisms from this idea! We kinda had a tough week last week with getting people to church but i know that all will be well and that the Lord will help us. In Doctrine and Covenants i think its 136.... I cant remember i read it this week, It talks about how the Lord's people must be tried in all things and how if it were not for this we wouldn't be ready to enter into his glory, so i know that trials really are just strengthning experiences. The Lord gives us opportunities to show him our love and how much we want to follow him. If we endure it well we shall be lifted up. I Really know that this church is true, it teaches us what we must do to be with our heavenly father again some day. I know that the Book of Mormon is true and its so important that we have it cause there is so much confusion today on which church to choose. But that book separates us from the rest, it brings us closer to the Lord, I know Joseph Smith saw God and Jesus Christ and they called him to be a prophet. I wish i could be a perfect missionary, there are still times when im scared to talk to people, but that is what im trying to do is always open my mouth just to show the Lord how much i love him. This mission is not just 2 years it is for my whole life. I have to be a missionary my whole life. Im going to buy pamphlets and copies of the book of mormon to give out when i come home, cause you never know who needs the gospel. The prophets have said that when we truly feel in our hearts the truthfulness of the gospel that we are not satisfied with just saving those in our own household but our fellowman as well. I love this gospel it changes lives. It has changed mine im a much better person. I love you guys so much and please keep me and my compnanion and our investigators in your prayers. Thank you so much. Love you all so much.
Love,
Elder Riding

No comments: